- Eat less processed foods—processed foods make us miss out on the nutrients we need from natural sources. We’re left eating way too much sugar and sodium, and then we’re hungry soon after our nasty indulgence. One of the absolute best things you can do for yourself is cut out, or cut back on, processed foods which will slow your metabolism and plug you up with toxins.
- Get a workout in—sweating is a great way to force toxins out of your body and feel healthier. Here at the Meridian we offer group exercise classes like yoga and belly dancing. We also have an outdoor trail class offered this summer. Maybe those classes aren’t for you; you can still get in a good workout all on your own! Hit the lakeshore for a long walk with a furry friend, human friend, or by yourself. If it’s chilly outside, enjoy a sauna afterward for some more toxin-elimination.
- Stretch—We offer a stretching class here on Wednesday mornings, but you can also stretch at home, in the woods, or anywhere you feel like it. Stretching gets your circulation going, reaching all areas of your body, and helping to remove toxins.
- Eat fiber—your system needs to be cleaning itself out regularly. Eat vegetables and fruits every day, and make sure to do #5 to prevent constipation as well…
- Drink water—it’s free, it’s hydrating, and increases kidney activity and the removal of toxins! If plain ol’ water is boring to you, I recommend adding a teaspoon or so of chia seeds to your glass of H2o. That’s a whole other post.
- Treat yourself to a salt scrub—the salt pulls toxins out of your body while relaxing and rejuvenating you at the same time. We offer these at the Meridian.
- Schedule a massageS—massage is another of our favorite ways to detox. There are so many benefits to massage and removing toxins is just one of them. It’s time to feel healthier and more energetic—take the right steps and get on track to be a healthier and more competent you!